2 Days Simien Mountains Trekking
The Simien Mountains National Park in Northern Ethiopia is an exotic setting
with unique wildlife and breathtaking views of a landscape shaped by nature and traditional agriculture. The natural beauties of this region have always filled visitors from Ethiopia and abroad with awe. Gentle highland ridges at altitudes above 3600 meters above sea level (m asl), covered with grasses, isolated trees (Erica &bored), and the bizarre Giant Lobelia (Lobelia rhynchopetalum) are found on the high plateau that ends abruptly at 1000- to 2000-m deep escarpments.
Day 01: Drive From Gonder to Sankabor, Walk 3-4 hur around Sankabor
Drive from Gondar or directly from the airport (depending on your arrival time) to Sankaber about 136km away. We will go via the park head office in Debark to register and pick up trek staff such as scouts, guides, and cook if required. After trekking for 3 or 4 hours we return to the Sankabor camp (3250m) and stay overnight.
Accommodation: Camping at Sankaber
Day 02: Explore Simien Mountain – Return Gonder
Trek for 2.5 hours to 500m high Jinbar waterfall. Along the way, you will observe the splendid landscape and different kinds of flowers and trees. There is also a possibility to see a klipspringer and mini bushbuck. There are leopards in the area but they are rarely seen, however maybe you’ll be one of the lucky ones! Of course, the delightful gelada baboons are always around.
After lunch, by the waterfall, the 4×4 picks us up to drive back to Gondar.
- Airport transfers and road transport by private car
- Full board, including mineral water.
- Full camping equipment including tents, mattresses and sleeping bags for camping and trekking.
- Recommended to bring your own sleeping bag.
- Fees for entrances, local guides, compulsory scouts/ security personnel for activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- All government taxes for the services included in the tour price
- Departure Taxes
- Personal expenses
- 5 Star Accommodation